Special Focus Ministries
Jennifer Gierke, Vice President – SpecialFocus@lwml-ned.org
The Special Focus Ministries encourages sensitivity in women toward those who are hurting and in need. We provide resources and encouragement to enable knowledgeable and Biblical comfort to themselves and others.
The Special Focus Ministries Committee alerts members to the opportunities and challenges for mission service in the congregation, zone, district and community; it also encourages active participation in and provide materials and suggestions for a mission service program. We work with the LCMS-NED based missionaries with regard to maintaining a list and status. If needed, render courtesy service to incoming and outgoing missionaries and their families.
Young Women Committee: Sage Veino
The Young Women Committee’s purpose is to encourage young women to join and participate in the LWML-NED. Click on the link for news and information especially for the young women of the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League. The New England District LWML is now accepting applications for the Young Woman Representative to the national LWML convention in Mobile, Alabama (Theme: “In Praise to the LORD!) in June 2019. Please see the below for the information and application.
Lutheran Women's Missionary League - New England District Young Women's Representative to National Convention Now Accepting Applications
- Any mature young woman who is preferably 22-35years of age and a member of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod may become a Young Woman Representative at the national LWML convention.
- She shall have a deep love and devotion to her Lord Jesus Christ.
- She shall be able to be away from home and/or work for the convention, and travel time.
- She shall be willing to attend all sessions of the convention, sitting in assigned seating, though she will not be able to vote.
- She shall complete the application form and return it to the committee by November 30th. (See application for name and address to whom it is sent.)
- She shall be asked to give a report of her impressions and account of experiences at the convention, to the district and/or zone and/or society.
- She shall commit herself to be active in her LWML society and to encourage others to be a part of her excitement.
- She may be invited to attend zone and society functions and be open to take part in the programs upon request.
- The LWML District will cover the cost of travel, registration to the convention, ½ a hotel room, and meals.
Please click for the 2019 YWR Application: APPLICATION-FOR-YOUNG-WOMAN-REPRESENTATIVE
THE IN-GATHERING and OFFERINGS at the 2018 CONVENTION:
The Convention In-gathering was for The Bridge
The Bridge is modeled after the very successful Hands of Grace in New Hartford, CT. The main objective is to share the Good News of Jesus and inspire hope through Him. This program assists people in obtaining needed household goods as well as assists with with fiscal management and work life training.
The Convention Offerings:
Offering #1: 2018-2020 LWML-NED Mission Goal – $1,628.04
Offering #2: LCMS New England District Mission Planting – $906.00
LWML-NED – HELPING OTHERS
SCHOOL BACKPACKS FILLED WITH SUPPLIES-CHRIST LUTHERAN CHURCH NIANTIC, CT
Submitted by Sherlene Skov
During Vacation Bible School, our children bring in school supplies. Our LWML group sorts them and adds necessary items. Our Outreach Committee pays for school back packs, and we assemble the various items and put them in the backpacks. We take these to our local “Care and Share” where they are distributed to needy families. Last year, we brought 24 filled back backs to them!
Supplies may include:
Notebooks, spiral notebooks, folders,
Colored markers, ball point pens, pencils, colored pencils,
Scissors, scotch tape, glue sticks,
Rulers, erasers, paper clips
We started this project about five years ago, and the first time, we brought in ten. Last year, the Care and Share Organization told us that people had phoned to ask if “the Lutherans” would again be donating school back packs. They definitely are appreciated!
Mercy Kits Needed for Disaster Victims
Part of the LWML pledge states that we are…
”pledging our willing service wherever and whenever He has need of us.”
Recent tornados and floods around the country have resulted in a barrage of requests for Mercy Kits (also known as Hygiene Kits) for the victims. Your help is needed to replenish the supply of Kits.
Please click on this link to view list of needed items and the address to send them:
This makes an excellent project for all of our societies and churches!