Calendar of Events
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!
2021 National Convention
LWML 39th Biennial Convention Information
Date: June 24–27, 2021
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Theme: Running the Race … Looking to Jesus
Scripture Verse: Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God (Hebrews 12:1-2).
President: Debbie Larson
Goal Statement: Looking to Jesus, we run the race set before us and proclaim the joy of the Lord.
Objectives: Convention attendees will:
• Focus on Jesus through God’s Word and Sacrament.
• Joyfully celebrate our salvation with song and prayer.
• Serve our neighbors through witness and mission.
LWML-NED FALL RETREAT
“BE THOU MY VISION (In such a time as this)”
Bible Study by Donna Snow Pyle
You must hear Donna: she’s been an inspiring speaker at our Conventions
we will have slide presentations from many of our supported missions
WHEN: November 5-6, 2021
Friday evening 7:00 PM – Saturday at 3:00 PM
WHERE: DoubleTree at Bradley Airport
16 Ella Grasso Turnpike
Windsor Locks, CT 06096
- Please make your own reservations if you plan to stay at the hotel on Fri. eve.
- The cost is $111; each room includes two free Sat. breakfasts. If more ladies share the room, they will have to pay for their own breakfasts.
- When reserving the room, be certain to tell them you are with LWML.
- Last day for the special room rates is October 7.
- Free parking at the hotel.
- Saturday luncheon provided as part of your registration costs
- Registration cost – $40; first timers – $35 (same as last year).
- Registration form will come out in the fall, watch for it!
GIFTS FROM THE HEART: Don’t forget to support NED Lutheran Schools: Gifts card (Target/Walmart/Cosco); Clorox wipes; Tissues